X.-All I Ever Wanted-. (RemiX) X.-All I Ever Wanted-. (RemiX)

Smart. Very smart.

There's a lot going on here, and it's nicely-written. The melody is simple and easy to sing along to--a good plus.

My actual score for this piece is 8.5, but it rounds up to 9. The reason for this is because there are a few inaudible words (and I've listened to it quite a few times). In fact, the only annoying part in this song starts around 00:40 and lasts up until 00:45-ish where the "wanted's" distract from the solo.

The overall clarity is astounding and sounds fairly professional. Excellent work.

8.5/10
5/5

~CutMan

XenoxX responds:

I agree with the wanted in the background, But the sad part is that that's how the accepella came so there was nothing I could do.

Thanks for the review!

XenoxX :)

Traverse the Woods =HFX= Traverse the Woods =HFX=

Lovely.

The piano in this is lively, yet soothing. I think it's the best aspect of the piece.

As seisatsu mentioned, the flute and/or clarinet samples sounded a little...ehh...but I'm sure you're well aware of this and will improve those sounds in future works.

By the way, what did you use to make this? It sounds like Finale, but if it was made on FL Studio, you have GOT to tell me where you found that piano sample.

And keep up the good work!

Chase Theme =HFX= Chase Theme =HFX=

Easy to jam to.

A cool piece. I could imagine it being used for a slow chase scene...

Although the main theme sounds a bit repetitive, it's not to the point where it's annoying. I DO like how simple the drums start out before growing in intensity. The buildup is what gets me about this song, and I can honestly jam/head bang to it.

I wish I could offer more advice about what instruments to use, but I'm not too familiar with FL Studio, myself, so yeah...But keep up the good work!

Intro to Dread Intro to Dread

Quite catchy.

I'm impressed. Quite so. Needless to say, I haven't been on NG for a while, but I'm still alive and kickin' (Finally got around to responding to your review on my music). I really like how more and more layers are added to the song's beginning, as well as how that beginning tune reoccurs throughout the song and is what ends the song. Nice use of repetition.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be missing more with the drums. That section at 1:58 (when the piano comes in) is quite lovely. Bravo!

9/10--Superb.

Kalinka- Tetris Kalinka- Tetris

Excellent remix. Tetris rocks.

Very nicely done. I liked how the song began as the old-school NES version and then worked its way up into a nice polka-sounding track. I especially enjoyed the chorus joining in towards the end. But as the dude before me mentioned, it sounds a tad bit busy at the end. Aside from that, a great track. 4/5.

Oboe Breeze Oboe Breeze

This was an excellent piece.

I enjoyed it quite so! It was very relaxing and had no problems with clarity. Unlike a few songs I've been hearing on the Classical section of NG, this one really DOES belong here for easy listening. Keep up the good work!

Rythim-Man responds:

Thanks so much for your review. I wonder what kind of songs you make. I'm checking out your tribute to cut man, it sounds like there is action going down. Check out the review why don't you.

Turmoil Between Good and Evil Turmoil Between Good and Evil

Glad to see there was some paino in there....

Sounds nice. I've listened to all of your tracks, however, and they sound very similar to eachother. Don't get me wrong, I like techno, but try to extend your boundries to any type of music. Regardless, this still sounds well put out and played. Keep it up!

Kaoru's Journey III Kaoru's Journey III

Quite the lovely piece you have.

It sounds quite sad...which is just the feel I wanted from it. I like the piano part in it, and although I would've changed a few notes in there myself to make it sound more miserable, I'd suggest leaving it just the way it is anyways. Sounds familiar to something, but maybe it's just my imagination...anyways, Good job! Keep it up!

Halloween Town Halloween Town

My friend, you are mistaken! PLEASE AIM ME!!!!!!!!

First off, some of your lyrics are, infact, wrong. I, too, am a complete maniac of the movie. Always have been....always will be. I'd write the lyris down, but it's taking too much space, so just give me your AIM and we can talk more about it then. =)

HOWEVER!!!!! You are sadly mistaken with the placement of the GRIM REAPER. He is not only at the Town Meeting song....he also is at the very beginning of the movie....look closely when Jack is still on the dummy horse as a scarecrow. The camera does a quick upward motion, but if you look closely, you can see the GRIM REAPER, scythe and all. If you look closely at the bottom left hand corner of the screen while everyone is cheering for Jack after he splashes in the water, you can also see a backwards view of our buddy, the GRIM REAPER, still holding that scythe of his...PLEASE. I urge you to contact me about this....there is little more I like doing than conversing of the Nightmare Before Christmas with other fans.

You did a good job on the song.

I feel like talking more, but I don't want to waste too much room. I, TOO, have memorized the movie itself by heart and even caught some 'Easter Eggs' while watching it. So please. It would give me great pleasure to speak more to you about it.

BTW, there is another scene where the GRIM REAPER is 'SORT OF' located....can you find it? See ya later!

And remember kiddies,

CUTMAN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronamut responds:

euh that ok.. I have enuff ppl on my list as it is - and they never meave me alone.. -.-

feel free to discuss it in another review tho..

thanks for the review btw!

-shawn-

SMRPGLOTSS - mushroom k. SMRPGLOTSS - mushroom k.

Hmmm........

I actually have a bootleg Final Fantasy game in the format with Super Mario characters instead. And it, too, had the SMRPG Mushroom Kingdom Song in it. They sound remarkably similar, but don't worry. I know you played it on your own. Well done.

And remember kiddies,

CUTMAN RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chronamut responds:

hahaha thanks for the review!

-shawn-